16 July 2009

It's final... I'm moving to Vietnam in 29 Days!!

After months of waiting, the uncertainty has come to an end. I awoke this morning to find an email with the long-awaited visa code in my inbox! Now that I have the visa code, all the changes that have been tempered with condition that I receive my visa can actually begin to take place. I've given notice at work and will make that decision public tomorrow. My last day in Virginia will be 31 July and then it's two weeks in PA before I fly to Ho Chi Minh City on 14 August. Dan Wessner and I will be met by someone from An Giang University at the airport on 15 August and we'll arrive in Long Xuyen early Sunday morning. Those next days will be filled with meetings with Foreign Language Department faculty and students who have been working at implementing IC3 at AGU. In addition, we will meet with other interested parties within the university as we explore opportunities for taking IC3 beyond the FLD.

It's daunting, to say the least, but my excitement is running high today. There is much that needs to happen yet, but it feels so good to have this significant issue taken care of. Now I can begin to do what needs to be done. The cleaning, packing, end-tying up, and good-byeing will be difficult. But, it's time and I can't wait to see what awaits me on this next leg of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment